Friday 1 July 2011

London Day Out - Archie's Choice

The boys had a non-pupil day last week and it was Archie's turn to choose a day out so off we went to the London Dungeons. Oscar and I were not terribly excited about this but as I remembered going as a child I thought it was something we should do and he was so keen we had to.

My heart sank when we got there. I thought as it was out of school holiday season it would be quiet ... ha ha ha ... ! We were faced with a one and a half hour queue but then along came a saleslady who told me that if I wanted to go to Madame Tussauds as well I could bypass the queue and walk straight in. I didn't hear anything else but bypass. Luckily once in, and faced with spending a huge quantity of money, I came to my senses and said no and, even more luckily, I somehow managed to sweet talk my way in without having to go to the back of the queue!

I thought the London Dungeons was really good value for money and much better than I thought it would be.
{I always find it is best to start with low expectations.}

We had lunch at Wagamamas which is our favourite place and then we walked through Borough Market which was amazing.


We had simply a brilliant day.































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I like to reply if an email address is given but often they are "no reply" so please don't be offended if I can't reply. Thank you. x