Thursday 8 December 2011

Advent Calendar - Day 8

Read a Christmas story.



We will read Father Christmas's Last Present because
 the story and the illustrations are just wonderful and I even love the feel of the book (it's printed on really good quality paper). This is a story I've read to the boys since they started to have "doubts" about Father Christmas and as the "doubts" are getting more like "we knows" I think this story will be even better this year.

I will also read A Christmas Carol to the boys because it is such a wonderful story to read aloud. Archie knows the story because he's covered this in class as part of their Victorian Christmas and he really loves it so I'm hoping that Oscar will love it too.





I suspect some people may consider it a bit odd that my boys (aged 10 and 12) still have a story read to them at night but quite frankly we don't give a fig ... we love it :-)

1 comment:

  1. I just bought my 11 year old a new book and he's been reading it to Me. loving that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I like to reply if an email address is given but often they are "no reply" so please don't be offended if I can't reply. Thank you. x