Wednesday 22 February 2012

Shrove Tuesday




We love Shrove Tuesday and we love pancakes. I thought I'd missed it last week when a friend started telling me what her children had given up for Lent but after some diary checking she realised her mistake. She reckons her children can cope with an extra week and I promised not to tell them!

On a whim in Waitrose yesterday I bought some chocolate syrup (yes chocolate syrup!) to go with the pancakes. Not sure why I did it really. I was in a rush and I suppose for a moment I thought it would be nice for the boys to have a change, but it was plain foolish. They did try it but honestly all you need is caster sugar and lemon. Some simple things are just meant to be and there is nothing better than lemon and sugar on your pancake. Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I like to reply if an email address is given but often they are "no reply" so please don't be offended if I can't reply. Thank you. x