Sunday 26 August 2012

Summer Evening


Last Sunday I sat in the garden after everyone else had gone in appreciating the moment of quiet time and savouring the last of our summer. I could hear the faint hum of a combine, the beep beep beep of a forklift in a yard and birds singing. It was very peaceful.



I had picked some flowers to bring indoors and so along with the harvest sounds could smell sweet peas. Wonderful.



This Sunday is much more autumnal and there is quite a different light so I'm looking at these photos wondering if we will get any more afternoons/early evenings like this?


I'm not keen on Autumn and already the boys are asking how many days until we they have to go back to school so I know summer is nearly at an end. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I like to reply if an email address is given but often they are "no reply" so please don't be offended if I can't reply. Thank you. x